Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan

I heard about this book specifically, and the rest of the series, on Modern Mrs. Darcy's podcast What Should I Read Next? The person used this as an example of her favorite romance and one she goes back to again and again. I was feeling like I wanted some fun and delightful reads and since our library had this entire series on e-book, I checked this one out to start with. It's the third book in the series, but they can be read in any order. And I loved this one so much. It was an adorable romance about two friends, where the woman realizes that she actually loves the man after years of avoiding this truth and dealing with her trauma and abuse in her past marriage. I loved how understanding and kind Sebastian was with Violet and how female-centric the whole relationship was (it seemed a little unrealistic for the time, in my mind, but really wonderful to see anyway). I loved how Violet was such an avid scientist and was not defined by her position in society or by her relationships in any way. The romance was a little more open-door than I am used to reading, but I still liked it a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment