Thursday, June 16, 2022

Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman

I actually really enjoyed this audiobook and I almost wish I had read it as a hard copy so I could take notes and mark passages that stood out to me. This seems like it's going to be a time management self help book with tips about how to get more done and be more productive and use your time better, but it actually is kind of giving the opposite message: that there will never be enough time, so you need to decide what you really want to be doing with your time so that you can have a good life now. I have thought a lot about this book and I have found myself telling some of his points to lots of different people over the last few weeks since I read it, and I kind of want to re-read it and take more detailed notes. I do feel like I'm not terrible at what he's talking about--I feel like my life choices reflect my true desires and that I am savoring and enjoying what I'm doing in my day-to-day life--but I think this book has really valuable advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment