Wednesday, July 6, 2022

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

I love, love Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, but I hadn't ever read any of her other books. I wanted to read this one because I'd heard really good things about these books too, and it was available as an e-book at my library so I could check it out easily. Jenny Han is such a great romance writer and this was such a cute story with Belly and her family and her longtime family friends who she spends every summer with. I really liked a lot of the story and the flashbacks and how I got to know Belly (although I really didn't like that nickname), but I didn't feel super comfortable with the love triangle. It just feels a little weird and gross for her to like both brothers and for them both to like her. Plus I never like the bad guy character and I wanted her to like the other brother more. I just didn't really want to finish the trilogy because I didn't know how I wanted the romance to resolve and I didn't want it to resolve either way. But it was a super cute book and story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment