Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book #16: The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Since I read the LOTR trilogy earlier this year, I wanted to read The Hobbit. But I just plain forgot about it, until I was searching at the library for a book on CD for Tommy and I to listen to on our drive down to Charleston this weekend. This was such a great choice. We both were so hooked we had to spend the last two evenings listening to finish it after we got home from our trip. I read The Hobbit first when I was in high school, and I always loved it, but I had basically forgotten most of the storyline. Tolkien's style of writing seems so friendly in this book, especially when you're listening to it, and it's not quite so descriptive about the surroundings or landscape like I originally thought LOTR was. The action moves fast in this book, and Bilbo is a really great character to become attached to.

We also redboxed the movie (part 1 of 3) while we were in Charleston, because I hadn't seen it yet. It was really, really good. I kind of doubted it because I was bugged that they were turning one book into THREE movies (seems so unnecessary) but the movie was awesome. And we both can't wait for the next two to come out... but unfortunately, we'll have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment