Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book #42: Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie

I'm still working my way through War and Peace (that's going to be the book of the year, I can just tell) and I'm really enjoying it. But it's so BIG and heavy that it's hard to even tell if I'm making any progress, so it's sometimes nice to squeeze in a quick and fast book that makes me feel like I can check something off my list. I was at the library with Dane and Indie for library storytime and I walked through a few aisles with the two babies afterwards, and happened upon the Agatha Christie shelves, so I picked up two of her books I hadn't read before.

This one is a Hercule Poirot mystery, where Poirot is asked to dig up a long-ago supposed murder to shed some more light on the case. Amyas Crale, a famous painter was poisoned, and his wife was committed for the crime and nobody questioned it at the time. But their daughter comes to Poirot sixteen years later and asks him to clear her mother's name. And not to spoil the whole book or anything, but Poirot does it. It was a really interesting book, and it wasn't one where it felt like Poirot was just some magician who somehow managed to figure out the solution without any actual reasons. It only took me a few hours to read (I finished it in an evening) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And now, back to War and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment