Saturday, May 9, 2015

Book #19: Design Mom by Gabrielle Stanley Blair

I've read Gabrielle Blair's blog for several years now. She's LDS, a mom of six, and a designer. She posts about really interesting things and always shares beautiful pictures of people's homes and ideas for designing/decorating your home with kids and the family in mind. I didn't really plan on reading her book, but I requested that the library buy a copy (my favorite new tactic! Don't buy books, ask the library to buy them!) and they did. The book goes room by room throughout your house with 15-20 design tips per room for how to make your life smoother with kids by designing the room appropriately for them (and you). I honestly don't think that much about designing things consciously or deliberately--I usually just let things happen and leave them the way they are just because they're already that way. So it was eye-opening to read and to think about how we could reorganize things to get rid of clutter or to make things go smoother for us all. (Like our problem with the mail. We bring in the mail and it's always just everywhere, never in one place.)

I want to read through the book and make a list of small changes we can make to make our lives easier, based on her ideas. I just don't want to spend tons of money like she seems to suggest, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment