Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015 Yearly Recap

I'm a little disappointed in myself this year. I read only 60 books this year--that's a new low for me since I started keeping track. I know it's not the quantity that matters, but more than that, I know that I wasn't spending my time reading because I was doing less-interesting things. I think with having a baby this year, I threw myself into a "I need to relax and veg" phase (and relaxing and veg-ing by watching shows in the evening), but I never really came out of it when I was capable of it. Graham is now nine months old and I am BACK into regular life, and I am not going to watch TV any more (unless folding laundry or exercising). I want to be a READER again.

There were a few redeeming books of this year:

Best Quick Reads: Intertwine and Divine

Best Non-Fiction: No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage

Best Self-Help: How to Raise an Adult, Better than Before, Bird by Bird

Best Classic: Middlemarch. Hands down.

Best of the best of the best: The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance. I loved these books so much. They are totally out of my normal comfort zone for reading, and not my usual genre, but totally worth it.

I had a goal last year to read some fifteen classics that I'd never read--and I only made it through five (well, four and a half, since I technically didn't finish On the Road, and GOOD RIDDANCE). So I want to try and make my way through more of those this year. But I also am going to work on the Modern Mrs. Darcy reading challenge from this year and last year. I figure I can easily make it through two of those since they're each only 12 books, and it will be interesting to get me reading a variety of books. I printed out the pages and will hang them up by my desk! And I am going to start my first book of 2016 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment