Friday, December 30, 2016

Book #57: Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan

Tommy and I actually listened to this as an audiobook from the library while we drove down to Houston for Thanksgiving. We only got about halfway through and I finished it on my own. It was hilariously funny. Jim Gaffigan does an excellent job of pointing out things that are way too true about parenting and how ridiculous and hilarious the whole parenting process is, and making us laugh about it. I really liked his chapters about Disneyland ("there are adults who go to Disneyland without kids. They're called weirdos."), taking kids to restaurants ("bring the bread. We need bread. Now."), how we take nine hundred million pictures of our kids that we will never look at, meeting other kids' parents ("How old is your kid?" is the new pick-up line), and all the crazy comments and experiences he gets as a parent of five kids in New York City.

I laughed out loud a bunch of times while listening to this, and I have repeated a whole bunch of things he said to other parents, because they come up as being SO TRUE just in our normal conversations. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment