Monday, July 24, 2017

Book #75: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

This book is the sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before, which I really enjoyed, and which definitely ended on a cliffhanger without answering whether Lara Jean would get together with the boy she liked or not, so I was glad there was a continuation of her story. The book picks up right where the other left off, and tells the story of about a month when Lara Jean and Peter start dating for real and how they fight with each other and how she deals with feelings of insecurity in dealing with his ex-girlfriend. Then one of the boys who she wrote a letter to in the first book reappears in her life, and she begins to wonder whether she should like him instead. It's a kind of love triangle that doesn't feel too love triangle-y, because Lara Jean is so normal with both of them and although she's torn about who she really likes, it doesn't become overwhelming or annoying or even the main point of the story. I loved the scene when she throws a USO party at the nursing home where she works/volunteers, and how she dresses up in a 40s dress and gets swept off her feet by John dressed in a WWII uniform. I thought it was really cute and a fun story, and I kind of wish she'd chosen differently in which boy she ended up with, but it still worked out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment