Friday, November 22, 2019

Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

I read this with Graham after our reading lessons over the last few months. It took a long time to get through it because I have NOT been reading to the kids as much while I've been feeling so sick. (One more thing that has fallen by the wayside.) But I love, love these books, and I love seeing my kids listening to them too. There is so much interesting information in here about how people used to live, and I think that is so valuable for kids to imagine what it was like before cars. Before grocery stores. Before electricity and refrigerators. I love seeing the kids think about that and be amazed.

These are NOT girl books. These are excellent books for boys too. Laura is such a tomboy and such a fun character that I think everyone enjoys these.

No comments:

Post a Comment