Sunday, December 31, 2023

Yearly Recap for 2023

2023 was a weird year for reading for me. I didn't actually read almost any books--I listened to almost everything on audio this year. And obviously, one major change was that I didn't keep track of my reading here on this blog, for the first time in a decade. I just don't have the time or energy for this any more. But I do still track my reading on Goodreads, and I'm writing down the titles I read in a notebook to keep track. 

Since I didn't read a lot of hard copy books, I read only 91 books this year--still a lot of books, but not a lot compared to the 150 I read a few years in the past. But I still read some really great things this year that I loved. This was a year of listening to a lot of Greek mythology, and I really loved it, so I chose my favorites from that genre this year too. 

Favorite Fiction: Maame by Jessica George, Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver, The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi by Shannon Chakroborty, Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal, Everything Sad is Untrue by Daniel Nayeri

Favorite Nonfiction: Die with Zero by Bill Perkins, The Comfort Crisis by Michael Easter, Know My Name by Chanel Miller

Favorite Greek Mythology: A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes, Mythos by Stephen Fry

Favorite Mysteries: The Marlow Murder Club by Robert Thorogood, The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey, The Last Devil to Die by Richard Osman

Favorite Romance: Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld

Best of the Best for the Year: The Change by Kirsten Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment