Monday, May 21, 2012

Book #32: The Firm by John Grisham

I went through a John Grisham phase for a few months when I was in high school. I read all of the six or seven Grisham books I could find around the house, and after the last one I felt like I'd read six of the same books. THEY WERE ALL THE SAME! The same storyline, over and over again. But it's been long enough (I can't remember even the names of any of the books I read) that we decided a John Grisham book would be a good choice for our road trip. And it WAS--we were on the edge of our seats all the way from North Carolina through Oklahoma. The main character, Mitch McDeere, gets hired by this small Memphis firm (and we drove through Memphis while we were listening to the book, which was pretty awesome) and ends up finding out that the firm is a front for the Mafia. He ends up helping the FBI catch them and outsmarting both the Mafia and FBI by escaping to the Cayman Islands (spoiler alert!). It was pretty intense listening, though. A great choice for a road trip, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment