Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book #5: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I started this book not really anticipating that I would fully enjoy it. I remembered enough of the storyline to be annoyed by some of the characters (let's just say I am not even close to Marianne's or Mrs. Dashwood's sensibility) and figured I'd just give it a go since I was trying read all of Jane Austen's books again. And I totally got into it! I got through all of the plot that I remembered in the first 100 pages and then there was still a full 2/3 of the book left to go. I feel like I am much more of an Elinor--logical and underplaying emotion--than anyone else in the book, although she's much, much nicer and less selfish than I am in real life. She treats her sister with much more compassion than I ever would in that situation. . . . I'm always tempted to smack Marianne in the face and tell her to knock it off! All in all, I loved the story, love that everyone ends up getting married happily (except the bad people, who are unhappy--HA), and love Jane Austen, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment