Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Book #36: A Joyful Mother of Children: The Magic and Mayhem of Motherhood by Linda J. Eyre

After finishing Seabiscuit I was looking around on the Leiningers' book shelves to find something that I wanted to read, and I stumbled across the shelf of parenting books. My friend Libby has mentioned Linda Eyre a number of times and how much she likes her, so I thought it would be interesting to skim through a mothering/parenting book by her. It didn't take very long to read, but I felt like she had a lot of good ideas and topics that I think will be very interesting and useful in a few years when we have multiple children who are older and a lot more chaos. She says a lot of things that really seem like they will help and tells a lot of stories about the chaos of their nine-child household and how she dealt with it and kept herself happy throughout it all. Some of the ideas sound really great, like a "Sunday Session," where you sit down and plan out all of your goals in different areas of your life for that week and get your schedule set out and planned, which makes your life so much easier and calmer to have it all ready. That really does sound fantastic, and I really like the idea of setting goals to focus on every week. A lot of the suggestions that are made seem to be giving you ideas of how to be more conscientious and plan-ful in doing the things you really want to do, which is what I really want to do and I'm always trying to figure out how to do that better. Maybe we should start implementing that and get that to be a habit as we get more busy as life goes on.

I kind of want to buy this book and keep it around for when I need it. But at least since I'm writing about it here I won't forget about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment