Friday, September 15, 2017

Book #95: The Yellow House Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Dane and I just finished this one today (it was something he wanted to do for his birthday) and he just LOVES this series. I'm sooo happy he likes it, but I'm wanting to move on to reading him something else too. We could be reading Boxcar Children together until he moves away to college, but I want to read some other books together before he goes to kindergarten. I'm trying to convince him--maybe we will read one more and then try to move on to something else, haha.

This book was a follow-up to the Surprise Island book. It's funny to be reading them in order like this, because as a kid, I never put them in any particular order when I read them so I don't think I ever figured out the overall storyline (at least of the first few). There was a yellow house on the island that they weren't allowed to go into, and in this book, they find out what the mystery was and try to solve it by finding out where their grandfather's old friend Bill went forty years earlier. Dane got super into the story and really liked talking about going to find Bill. I liked the details about their camping/canoeing trip they took--Warner loves placing the children into situations in which they have to fend for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment