Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Book #119: Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What's Right in Front of Me by Alexandra Kuykendall

I read about this book on a reading blog, when she said she really enjoyed this. And this was available as a short audiobook on our library's website, so I was willing to check it out. This book is pretty much the exact same thing as The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, but a Christian version of it, where she throws in lots of references to God and praying to know what God wants you to do. I thought some of the changes she made were smart, like implementing some quiet into her days and re-vamping her morning routine and her meal planning, but they were pretty small changes and many of them didn't seem to really be that interesting. I liked how she was trying to not make any huge over-arching changes in her life, but just trying to improve her existing life in small ways that reduced stress and made her "actual" life (she used the word "actual" a lot) a little better. I liked her writing, but I feel like this book wasn't worth all that much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment