Sunday, October 14, 2018

Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks

I'm pretty impressed by Tom Hanks' writing chops in this book. These stories were all really well-done. They all seemed to incorporate a typewriter somewhere in the story, which is where the title comes from, I guess. The ones I really loved were about the extremely type-A personality Anna dating a much less interesting guy and keeping him on his toes, a guy who goes viral by bowling six perfect games in a row, a time travel story about a guy who goes back in time and falls in love with a woman in the 1930s.

Many of them stood out and were hilarious or touching. I really enjoyed listening to them, especially since Tom Hanks himself read them. But I don't have the brainpower or time right now to write too much more about it, even though I did have other thoughts about them at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment