Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Actor's Life: A Survival Guide by Jenna Fischer

I love The Office. Also, I have been listening to the Office Ladies podcast for a year or more now, and I love listening to Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey talk about their experiences on The Office. And they mentioned that Jenna wrote a book about being an actor, and even though I have literally less than zero desire to act ever, in any place, at all, I thought it would be fun to read this book to hear more about what it's like to be an actor and to hear more about Jenna's personal experiences going from being a nobody to being relatively famous from being on The Office. I love a good celebrity memoir! And this isn't really a memoir, but it was close. And I did find it fascinating to learn about a lot of different things that actors have to go through to work in that field. I had no idea how much time and energy they put into auditioning and how little time the average actor actually spends acting in comparison. And I had no idea how little the average actor makes. It was interesting, but not necessarily something I maybe should have bothered reading. Kind of a waste of time for me, but it would be an awesome wealth of knowledge for someone who actually cares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment