Monday, December 27, 2021

A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik

I loved this book so much. My friend described it to me as "Harry Potter and the Hunger Games combined" and I instantly checked it out from the library to listen to. And it was fantastic! The story is set in a school for magic where there are monsters who eat the students so they are constantly dying. I was really creeped out by the story at first because it seemed so awful, but then once I understood the parameters of the story I got super invested in it and really loved it. I loved El, the main character, and her snarky and grouchy attitude towards everyone, and how she eventually learns to care for other people throughout the book. I thought the magic in this book was so cool and it all makes so much more sense than Harry Potter (like so much more detail on what they're learning and how they actually can do magic) and it was amazing. I instantly jumped right into the second book of this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment