Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Yearly Recap

This is my tenth yearly recap of my reading on this blog. Amazing! I have lost a lot of steam with blogging over the last year or two, and I haven't done a great job of staying up-to-date with my reading blog. But I love, love, love having this record of the books I've read and I don't want to lose it in any way. So I definitely plan to keep it up and to be better at it in 2022. 

I read significantly less this year than I did in 2020. Probably because I wasn't trying to escape my life and the stress of the pandemic as much? I still read over 120 books (not sure exactly how many--I had 112 blog posts for this year but several of them represented 2-3 books), so it was definitely still a respectable number. I read some really, really good books this year. And some not so good books too. 

Best of the year: The Thursday Murder Club and The Man Who Died Twice

Best fiction: Sparks Like Stars, A Deadly Education, Americanah, Malibu Rising

Best memoir: Crying in HMart, Dancing at the Pity Party

Best romances: Better than the Movies, Love at First, The Countess Conspiracy

Best mystery: The Madness of Crowds

Best read-alouds: By the Great Horn Spoon! and all the Harry Potters

Least favorite: One Hundred Years of Solitude

No comments:

Post a Comment