Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green

I have only read one or two of John Green's books, but they have always stuck out to me as books that I felt were really well done and really emotionally in tune and honest. So when I heard that John Green had written this book of reviews of human experiences (sounds weird but turned out great), I wanted to read it. I loved how he wrote about things like Canada geese and staph infections and described them in ways that made me able to appreciate them and understand what it's like to experience them, and he wrote really honestly about his experiences with anxiety and depression and Covid-19 and raising children, and it was really refreshing to hear about someone's real life experiences. He really made me think about how human-centric our worldview is and how we don't ever think about how tiny our little blip of world history really is. He also made me laugh out loud several times, like when he was talking about how if aliens came to our planet, they would think that we worshipped the green spots around our houses, because of how much we do to take care of these lawns--and how silly that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment