Saturday, June 18, 2022

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

I actually have no idea where I heard about this book or where I got it as a recommendation, but I am a sucker for all sorts of modern adaptations of classics, and this is a Sherlock-and-Watson book set in modern times, with the idea that Sherlock's great-great-granddaughter and Watson's great-great-grandson become friends at a boarding school in Connecticut and have to solve a mystery together. I liked the connections to the original novels and stories, and I really liked Holmes's and Watson's characters. I thought the story was really fun, but things got kind of dark at different moments, which I didn't really want out of this book. It was a great mystery and I loved how everything got resolved at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment