Friday, July 1, 2022

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

I can't even count how many times I teared up and had a hard time reading out loud while reading this book to the boys. We read this one really fast, considering how long it is, because we were all super excited about it and couldn't stop going. The boys asked to read so many nights and even during the day in the summer. It felt like such a big payoff to read to the very end. I was so glad I brought the book with us on our road trip this summer so I was able to spend some of our down time together reading. We finished the book on Callie's couch in Philadelphia, and it was such a great moment. I love this series and my appreciation for it has seriously grown as I've read it out loud. There was such great build-up and so much great character-building that I don't feel like I fully appreciated before reading it aloud. And I also felt much more in touch with my emotions while reading it, more than I've ever noticed that before. SUCH A GOOD SERIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment