Monday, July 4, 2022

The Murder of Mr. Wickham by Claudia Gray

Get this: a murder mystery where the main characters from each of Jane Austen's novels are the suspects. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?! I can see where this would cross a lot of people's lines of what they can do and what they can't, but MAN I am all about this sort of thing. I really loved this idea where all of these familiar characters are intermingling and interacting, when they never do in Austen's books. I feel like it might have been interesting to see them all having a normal dinner party without being interrupted by Mr. Wickham and a murder, but this was interesting too. The ending was a bit of a surprise but seemed to fit well with what we know about the characters, and I thought it was a really fun read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment