Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Maid by Nita Prose

I started this one and almost stopped halfway through because I felt so uneasy about what was happening. It felt like it was going to be a bad story about a neurodivergent girl getting taken advantage of and things not working out--but I am glad that I didn't give up on it because it had a very redeeming second half and, not to be a huge spoiler, but things DID WORK OUT and I was very happy. Molly is a maid at a fancy hotel, and we find out quickly that she doesn't understand normal social cues and relies on the rules her grandmother taught her to get by. One day she finds a longtime guest dead in his hotel bed--and she ends up becoming a suspect. Luckily she ends up figuring out eventually who her real friends are and they help her catch who's really behind this. I ended up really enjoying this one and I was super surprised by the twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment