Friday, August 12, 2022

Life's Too Short by Abby Jimenez

After reading Part of Your World, I wanted to check out some more Abby Jimenez because it reminded me how much I enjoyed her books. I hadn't read this one before but it was supposedly somewhat related to The Happy Ever After Playlist, which I loved. I felt like this one was very cute and sweet, but not anything to write home about. Vanessa is a travel blogger who secretly has a family history of a disease that she believes is going to kill her like it did her sister, and she starts getting to know Adam, the lawyer next door after she starts fostering her niece. Honestly, I don't remember too much about it. Jimenez is super good at making real connections between characters, but I didn't love the side characters and the side issues in this one as much (Vanessa's crazy family and health issues just felt blah and maybe over-dramatized). Overall, a solid enjoyable romance, but not my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment