Wednesday, August 3, 2022

While Justice Sleeps by Stacey Abrams

I am not super involved in Georgia politics so I don't know a lot about Stacey Abrams specifically, but I am super impressed with her ability to write a legal thriller in addition to multiple runs for office and working as a high-powered attorney. This book was really well done, and it didn't feel like some pet project of someone who doesn't know how to write. It felt like a real thriller and it definitely got pretty dark. I thought the question of "What would happen if a Supreme Court justice fell into a coma?" was a great way to start a fun story. I felt like there were a few things I never quite wrapped my head around and had to just assume that Avery knew what she was doing, but it was fast-paced enough to keep me interested and I wanted to know how she was going to get out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment