Saturday, September 24, 2022

Anxious People by Fredrik Backman

I still hadn't read anything by Fredrik Backman other than A Man Called Ove, which I TOTALLY LOVED. So I'm not sure why I hadn't read any of his other stuff. But Tommy and Bethany both highly recommended this one to me, and again, it took me way too long to get to it. Once I started it, though, I loved it. It had the same really happy feel good ending to me that I loved in A Man Called Ove, where a weird, disparate community forms and people end up being better than you think they are. This story is about a bank robbery that wasn't, which then accidentally evolved into a hostage situation, and then turned out to be a group of people trying to help someone else. It's called Anxious People because you see into everyone's heads and get to understand a little bit of their problems and the way they think and what anxieties they have, and see how everyone has issues. It was super funny and sweet and heartwarming at the same time, and way better than I even expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment