Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne

I was so annoyed by this that I ended up not finishing it. Is it lame to still review it on here and count it as one of my books? No. I spent a number of hours listening to this story and I just couldn't rack up the energy or the interest to try and finish it. Ruthie works at a retirement community and is such a nervous person that it's hard for her to even leave the property without having panic attacks. Then Teddy, a huge, muscular, tattooed man comes and ends up working as an assistant at the community. For some reason, he is clearly attracted to her and acts like she's the most interesting person on earth even though she DEFINITELY IS NOT. I just found their dynamic weird and creepy and completely not believable, and I didn't want to find out how they got together because it did not make any sense to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment