Thursday, September 22, 2022

Laundry Love: Finding Joy in a Common Chore by Patric Richardson

I thought this book would be more metaphorical with more stories and "life lessons" than it ended up being--but it basically is almost completely a book about how to do laundry the right way. Haha! It was pretty short and actually full of new information that I didn't ever know about how to do the laundry. I learned a lot about better ways to do laundry and taking care of your clothes. It seemed like the best thing about this book is all of the specific tips for specific items of clothing, so I feel like this would be a good book to have if you need to look up how to remove a specific type of stain or if you need to wash something really persnickety. He basically says you should never need to dry clean anything and that you don't need to use all the fancy detergents--you can just use soap flakes! I want to try his tips and things at some other time in my life, but right now is not the time for me to overhaul our laundry routine completely with our new baby coming. But this would definitely be a good reference guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment