Monday, March 4, 2013

Book #11: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

This is also a re-read (but from before I started keeping a blog), but someone recently gave me a copy and I couldn't help but read through it again. I actually liked this one a bit less the second time I read through, but not because I don't LIKE it (if that makes any sense; I'm not even going to try and edit this because baby boy is waking up from his nap right now) but more because it's not as delightfully surprising as it was the first time when I read it. The first time I kept being so surprised every time zombies came up, and laughing at how many ways they were inserted into the storyline. This time, I remembered a lot of the plot and knew what was going to happen, so that added element was missing this time around. Also, last time I listened to the book as an audiobook, and I think that really made a difference as well. It was a GREAT audiobook because I couldn't skip ahead or see what was coming or anything, and that made that element of surprise even greater. Still a hilarious book though!

No comments:

Post a Comment