Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Books #31, 32, and 33: The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

I've already written about these books a year and a half ago when I read them back then. And I've really read them four times by now. But I guess since the purpose of this book blog is for me to keep track of how many books I've read and for me to be able to record/work through all the thoughts I have while I'm reading and have no way to share them, I'm going to write about them again. (And I probably will do so again, haha. These books just keep popping up for me.)

When I bought the trilogy on Amazon, I remember putting them on our shelf and telling Tommy, "I don't think I'll ever really read these again. I'm glad I read them once, but I don't think we needed to buy them. Oh well." But obviously I've proved myself wrong, because every time I think about the books I end up needing to sit down and read them again (like Harry Potter). So I'll just go ahead and say it: Suzanne Collins did something right with these books, because I love them. I really do. I get sucked into them SO HARD that every time I read them I finish wanting more, more detail, more explanations.

Mockingjay is definitely my least favorite of the three. I know she must have had so many expectations to finish off the trilogy, but I honestly feel like a lot of it was a cop-out. Katniss gets knocked out about 15 times in the book, over and over and over again, and every time all the action happens while she's asleep and someone just tells her what's happened after she's woken up.

And I'll also say this: I'm team Peeta, all the way. So glad she ends up with him in the end.

I had a lot more comments in my head while I was reading, but I've forgotten them all now. So we'll just call that a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment