Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book #52: False Colours by Georgette Heyer

Don't worry, I don't have any more Heyer novels checked out from the library! (Although there might be one or two more waiting for me on hold there.) I read this one today while watching Dane and Indie play happily on the floor together. (And might I just say--they have finally, happily, made the turn to playing together instead of whining and crying the whole time they're with each other? Or at least, it seems like they have? We'll see how they hold up . . . but I am very happy about how they were today.) I liked how this book was different than the others, not focused on the romance between the main heroine and her lover specifically, but actually on the male character instead. Christopher "Kit" Fancourt returns home from living abroad to be forced into impersonating his twin brother to his new fiancee--and eventually, of course, they get into all sorts of situations and scrapes with the mix-up. Spoiler alert!--Kit falls in love with Cressy, his brother's fiancee, and they have to work things out with each other. This was a fun read, and I am glad to have worked my way through it. I think I'll read a couple of different books next before I read any more Heyers--I need a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment