Sunday, December 1, 2013

Books #58-60: The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

I feel like I'm kind of a slacker re-posting about books I've already read when I read them again, but I guess it all goes back to what I think the point of this blog is--and I like to know how many books I read over the year, and it counts to me if I'm re-reading. The Hunger Games trilogy is especially bad because I think this is the fourth time I've read all of the books--possibly even the fifth. I started reading these books again because I was preparing to go see Catching Fire in theaters with Tommy, and I'm glad I did. It was a good vacation-y book (or set of books) for me to read while we were in the Outer Banks with the Sines. (The other books I'm in the middle of are much heavier and more serious--not at all the type of book you want to read curled up on the couch while you're on a trip.)

And I know I wrote this before when I've posted about the books, but every time I read these books I get so into them and can't pull my head out of the storyline for about a week afterwards. I just catch myself dwelling on the story and thinking about the characters and remembering specific parts. And I guess that's a sign of how compelling the plot is and how much I identify with the books! I still am not sure what exactly it is about them, but I do just love them and I am very happy to indulge in them every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment