Monday, November 7, 2016

Book #53: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K. Rowling

Similar to the Tales of Beedle the Bard, I had never really considered reading this book but then I thought, why not. Especially since the new movie is coming out about this book and I am excited to go watch it. Of course, the movie is named the same thing as this book, but it is about Newt Scamander and his fantastic beasts more than it is about this book, which is the supposed textbook that was assigned to students at Hogwarts. The book is basically a run-through of all the creatures they mention in the book, plus a bunch more--but just a few paragraphs per creature. (I feel like in a regular textbook, there would actually be a chapter about each one, or at least a few pages, but then nobody would really be interested in even skimming this book for fun.) It was a cute read, and there were some interesting parts. It was super short--only about 90 pages--and I feel almost like it's cheating to include it here since it's hardly even a real book. But there you go. I'm glad to at least have seen what it was about. And I am still excited to go see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment