Monday, August 6, 2018

Persuasion by Jane Austen

I love, love this book. Just like I love everything Jane Austen. I love Anne Elliot's sensibility. I think I was (am?) much more like Anne Elliot than I am Elizabeth Bennet. I was never very capable of talking to boys I liked (Anne is always embarrassed and unsure of what to say), and I spent a lot of time wondering and worrying if I was doing the right thing or saying the wrong thing. I am definitely not as patient with my annoying relatives as Anne is--every one of her family members are the worst and drive me nuts. But I love the way this book resolves and how it ends--although I could definitely wish for more detail in how they confess their love for each other. I think it's so funny how Jane Austen never really writes what they say when it comes to the proposal--she just writes around it. People would never go for that today!

I don't have much time right now, and I don't have much to say about this book that I haven't already said in the past. But I just thoroughly enjoyed it and I am so happy to re-read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment