Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery

I love this story, particularly the characters of Captain Jim and Miss Cornelia Bryant. I can't seem to understand how Anne always ends up living in the most charming, beautiful homes in the vicinity of wherever she is--that's what's always made me feel like Prince Edward Island must be this fairyland on earth. And maybe it was 100 years ago. I hope it's not totally ugly when I go there someday because then I will be so disappointed after reading these amazing descriptions of it. I think one of the most tender parts of this book was Anne's stillborn baby, which always makes me tear up, especially now, after having had babies of my own. I always think how horrible that would be to go through, particularly on your first baby and having to revert back to life being so much less than you expected. It's happy to know that she ends up having six babies of her own.

I love the story of Leslie Moore in this book, but this was the first time reading it where I thought how unlikely the operation was that fixed Dick Moore's memory and set her free. Is that even possible? I definitely do not believe it, haha. But I was glad it happened so the romance of Leslie and Owen could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment