Thursday, January 24, 2019

Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery

I always loved this book, the last in the Anne series, about the Blythe family. It seemed very poignant and bittersweet this time, now reading it as an adult with kids of my own, since it is set in WWI and reading about the Blythe boys going off to war. I love this look at what the time during the war was like in Canada for the women back home, and I love the message that you can survive anything. I loved the coming-of-age development that Rilla went through and how she raised a baby. I teared up several times while reading it and full-on cried at the end when Jem came home and Dog Monday saw him. This is a lot heavier than the previous few books, because of the war storyline, but it feels a lot more real too.

This was such a good series to read for me. I absolutely love it and I will always come back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment