Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis

Another perfect read-aloud with the boys! I am so happy to be reading these Chronicles of Narnia books with the boys. This one was actually kind of surprising to notice how little action actually happens--it was a lot of storytelling and not a lot of action, but the kids didn't mind. I never minded that either when I read it as a kid. This one is not as good as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I'm betting none of them are, so I can't hold that against it. I am so proud of the boys and their ability to follow this complex story. Graham definitely gets lost a lot, but he gets a lot more than I thought he was, even when he's sitting on the ground flipping through picture books while I read. And Dane understands every bit, even when I think there's no way he'll get what's going on. I'm so excited to read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader with them because I know they are going to LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment