Monday, September 20, 2021

God Will Prevail: Ancient Covenants, Modern Blessings, and the Gathering of Israel by Kerry Muhlstein

I heard about this book when the author went on the Follow Him podcast with John Bytheway, and the idea of it sounded really fantastic. The Abrahamic covenant is not something that I've ever really understood, and I've felt really lame that I haven't put the time or energy into understanding the covenant that is a huge part of our doctrine, not to mention that President Nelson specifically told us to study it. I figured reading this book would be a great start in studying and learning about it. It was a very well-written, very well organized book, with a TON of great, scholarly information. I felt like I learned a lot about the Abrahamic covenant and what it really entails and focuses on--it is really about helping us to create a relationship with God as our Father and as our God, and helping us to become like Him. I underlined a ton of parts in this book and don't have time to type them all out here, but I do feel like I learned a lot from this book and that I would definitely use it as a reference again to look through. (It was kind of dry and hard to get through, but once I got going, there were so many golden nuggets in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment