Saturday, September 25, 2021

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

I have no idea where I got the recommendation for this book, but I can tell you that I had no idea what this was about, since I started listening to it and totally expected it to be a self-help, memoir type book. Turned out that was not true at all; it was a YA romance set in an LA high school--a complete opposite of what I was expecting. But I really enjoyed this once I got started--it felt very realistic and believable, and it had a lot of serious themes. The main character, Jessie, lost her mom a few years ago and moved to a new state and has to adjust to a whole new life, and it felt like a very real story about a very real life issue. I did have to suspend disbelief about the whole "anonymous emailer" thing because I feel like that would never actually happen, but once I accepted it for the point of the story, I enjoyed it. Also, I can't believe Jessie didn't guess who SN was because I figured it out about 30 minutes into the book. But overall, a really fun book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment