Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Becoming Trader Joe: How I Did Business My Way and Still Beat the Big Guys by Joe Coulombe

I had heard that this book was a fun story of the history of Trader Joe's, and I thought it sounded interesting enough to read myself. It was available on e-book so I checked it out to read on the plane on our trip to Utah. I thought a lot of it was interesting--it was pretty fun hearing about the beginnings of Trader Joe's and how he started from it being a small chain of convenience stores and how it changed over time. I felt like I learned a lot about the history of California and how grocery stores run and that was fascinating. But it was pretty boring a lot of the time too and he got kind of rambly. I kind of feel like I should have stopped reading but once I got too far in I wanted to finish it. Overall it could have been better if it was shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment