Thursday, February 3, 2022

Redwall by Brian Jacques

I looooooved Redwall when I was younger. Loved it! And I loved many of the sequels as well. I would happily read a Redwall book any time. But my dedication to it paled to Dane's this winter--he plowed through every book in the Redwall series in chronological order over Christmas break and January and February. There are over 20 books and he made his way through all of them! It was a lifesaver for the weeks we were stuck at home with Covid. And as he always does, he wanted me to read the books with him. And once again, I was happy to oblige with Redwall to see how it held up for me. It definitely was still a fun read, and it was so fun to slowly remember what happened. I only had vague memories of what happened but I definitely had things coming back to me as I read. I love the main character of Matthias and his determination and courage (I can definitely see why Dane loved it) but I think most of all, I love Redwall Abbey and what an amazing home it seems like. The descriptions and the characterization of Redwall as so peaceful (and always so filled with delicious food!) are what make this book so appealing to me. I remember not always loving the Redwall books that weren't actually set at Redwall as much. So this was a fun one to re-read (although I stopped short of reading all 20 books like Dane wanted me to). 

No comments:

Post a Comment