Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Betsy-Tacy and Tib by Maud Hart Lovelace

These books are just so fun to re-read. I love the simple language and stories that make these books great for young kids, and I can just tell that Dane will love these when we get around to reading them. Betsy Tacy and Tib are girls, but the things they do and the shenanigans they get up to would be so enthralling to him, I just know he would love it. I read these books and just wish I could give him this life of freedom and fun and imagination.

My favorite stories in this book were when the girls cut their hair, and the mirror palace (I remember being impressed by that when I read it as a kid), and the Everything Pudding. I love how Maud Hart Lovelace tells the stories of these girls, and it's interesting to read at the back of the book about how she got all of the stories from her own life and her childhood friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment