Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace

This is another one of my childhood favorites that I am revisiting in my old age. I utterly adored these books when I was a kid, and I wanted to see how they stood up. I loved remembering all of these sweet stories about Betsy and Tacy, these two best friends who never fought. I especially remembered the story about them dressing up in their mother's clothes and going calling on other women, and dyeing the sand different colors to sell. I think that their childhood just sounds so perfect and idyllic, and I wish I could give Dane the same complete and utter freedom that Betsy and Tacy had as five-year-olds. They wandered around all day and played together, and I wish Dane had a friend living next door that we could let him just run around with all day. I think he would really love this book and these stories about Betsy and Tacy, and I'd love to tackle these books soon with him. (There are so many books I want to read with him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment