Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder

I loved reading this out loud with Dane. He loved the first one, and we quickly made it through this one together too. The first book is so cute because of the stories that Pa tells Laura about her grandpa as a child or about panthers, and there aren't really stories like that in here. But this book is so interesting about how they start from absolutely nothing, just pull up their wagon to a random spot of prairie and make a life there. You read about how Pa hauled the logs, built the house, built the barn, put on the roof, built the fireplace, dug the well, started the farm. I love how Laura (I can't just call her Wilder, she is Laura to me!) gives so much detail and tells you how Pa goes about doing everything, because although sometimes it's a little hard to envision (and I'm sure Dane didn't understand most of her detailed descriptions about how Pa build the fireplace), it's so interesting to read. Dane just loved this book and I loved reading it with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment