Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie

I think this may be the last of my Agatha Christie's for the next little while. I really enjoyed listening to all of her Miss Marple mysteries, and this was another highly rated one on Goodreads, so I thought I would check it out. I apparently read it before in 2013, but I had no recollection of it (haha), so it was totally new to me. (It's amazing how little I can recall from these Agatha Christie mysteries later on. I guess I will always remember Murder on the Orient Express and And Then There Were None but other than that I forget them so quickly. That's good because I can always revisit and still enjoy them later.)

I didn't love this one this time, possibly because Poirot was digging up an old crime that had been committed sixteen years before, so it was lacking in any sort of action. Basically the only thing that happened in this book was Poirot visits the five people staying at the home at the time of the murder, and then asks them each to write a narrative saying the same thing of what they told him. So you basically get a lot of repetition of each person going over what they did and saw and it got a little bit old after a while. I was very interested in how Poirot solved the mystery and figured it out, and was engaged in the ending. Overall, maybe not my favorite Christie mystery, but it was a fun, short read.

No comments:

Post a Comment