Sunday, March 27, 2022

Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt

This book is the 2nd in a longer series about the Tillerman family, and our library didn't have the first book available. I usually like to read at least the books that lead up to a book in a series, but since I didn't have that option here, I just read this one by itself and still was able to appreciate it. It tells the story about a girl, the oldest in her family, who had to help her siblings find their grandma to take care of them after their mom abandoned them. The story starts with them living in their grandma's house and adjusting to their new life and figuring out how to trust and love again and live normal lives as children. I loved Dicey's character--so proud and independent and caring for her siblings. I thought this was a great choice for the Newbery and I think this is one I would have liked also as a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment