Monday, March 14, 2022

The Partner by John Grisham

I got this book for Tommy for Christmas and then he insisted I read it after he finished so we could talk about it. Once I did, I knew what he meant. I was all on board for the entire book but then the ending made me so mad. The book is about a lawyer who steals millions of dollars from his clients and then disappears--but when he's found and brought to trial, he's in big trouble. He has this woman friend who helps him but then in the last three pages she disappears with all of his money and he never sees her again--after NO HINTS the rest of the book that she was going to do that or that she was capable of or interested in leaving him. I felt like that threw everything else off from the rest of the story and it was annoying. But the rest of the book was a fun mystery/thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment