Monday, March 5, 2012

Book #13: Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear

I'm the type of person who has to follow through on things, once I've started them. (Usually, high school basketball notwithstanding.) This Maisie Dobbs series is one of those things I'm intending to follow through on. This is the third book in the series and I liked it just as much as the first two--Maisie is an interesting protagonist to follow, and the mysteries are really fun to follow as well. I do tend to question all of the incredible coincidences that happen in her mysteries--in this one, she's working on two unrelated cases, searching for missing people, and they turn out to have been working together, so she solves both cases at the same time. I do NOT believe that is realistic--just because they were both soldiers serving in WWI together does not mean that they knew each other. Maisie even talks about coincidences as she works, saying that there's no such thing and every "coincidence" is meaningful--but this kind of seemed like it was too easy of a solution. But I still got into the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment